With its 10 advanced lighting presets, the Q4n captures our highest-quality video ever — from bright daylight to a low-lit club to striking sunset. And with Zoom’s superb audio quality, the Q4n provides a combination no other camera can match.
10 “Scene” presets ensure great results in various environments—even low-light venues like nightclubs. These include “Concert Lighting” (where adjustments are made for lighting conditions that can drastically change) and “Concert-Low Light”, both designed for dimly lit locations. There are also specific Scene settings tailored for shooting at jazz clubs and rehearsal studios, as well as outdoors—even at sunset and at night.
The Q4n shoots in a variety of HD and WVGA formats, from high-resolution 2.3k video (2304 x 1296 pixel/30fps/24Mbps 3M HD) down to compact 30fps/5Mbps WVGA files. It has a greatly improved aperture (F2.0 to be exact) for bright, brilliant video, as well as a 160˚ wide-angle lens, and five steps of digital zoom.
Zoom has a long-standing reputation for products with outstanding audio, and the Q4n is no exception.
It supports high-resolution 24-bit / 96 kHz stereo sound and its built-in microphones can handle high sound pressure levels (up to 140 dB SPL) for distortion-free recording in even the loudest environments.
You can also connect external mics and other devices via a 1/8″ stereo input jack, and monitor with either headphones or its built-in speaker. There’s also an HDMI video output for connection to HDTVs, making it easy to view your creations on location or at home.
The Q4n offers features that make it easy to use, including one-button recording, automatic microphone gain adjustment, and a rotating full-color touchscreen LCD.
The Camera for Creators
Whether it’s used for YouTube videos, podcasts, or streaming live performances, you can count on your Q4n to capture bright, clear video with exceptional audio quality.
- High-quality 160° wide-angle lens (F2.0/16.6 mm)
- Ten “Scene” options for use in different lighting environments, plus five levels of digital zoom
- Records directly to SDXC cards (up to 128 GB) for extended recording times
- Easy one-button recording, full-color rotating touchscreen LCD
- Support for five HD video modes, up to 2304 x 1296 pixels (3M HD), as well as two WVGA modes
- Video bitrates up to 24 Mbps for extended image quality and frame rates of up to 60 fps (at 720p) for capturing fast-action video
- Built-in stereo microphones can be configured for A/B or X/Y, with sound levels up to 140 dB SPL
- Built-in standard tripod mount and included tripod-to-3-prong adapter for compatibility with all action camera mounts
Extended recording times
The Q4n records directly to SD/SDHC/SDXC cards up to 128 GB. It’s perfect for podcasts, blogs, and capturing performances.
The Q4n’s included Zoom BT-02 lithium-ion battery is rechargeable by USB or optional AC adapter (sold separately), providing up to 3 hours of shooting time.
Video and audio file types
Video (with audio) is recorded as MPEG-4 (MOV) files. Audio data can be saved separately, in either uncompressed WAV (up to 24-bit / 96 kHz) or compressed AAC format.